Monday, November 30, 2009

Recommended Movie Of The Month


Since it is my off day today, I spent the day lazing around in bed watching TV. Wasn't feeling well at all too, my head feels like it's about to explode.

Anyway, I caught this movie on HBO Signature just now. I rarely give rave reviews for movies in the drama genre, but this one takes the bat. It's somewhere along the line of Johnny Depp's Neverland, with all its sensational artistic glory, but better.

Robin William's What Dreams May Come.

Photobucket

It's about a pediatric neurologist who, on the night of his "DD" anniversary, got hit by a out-of-control car while stopping to help a car crash victim on his way home.

The story revolves his life after death, and how he went to lengths to get his wife back from "hell" after he found out that she committed suicide not long after his death.

The show portrays a heaven that he created with his wife in their art, where everything is made of paint, and things happen appear when you will them to. Their dream home, which he painted when he was alive for his wife, appears across the lake too. And best of all, Katy, their dalmation puppy who got sick and died years ago, comes bounding back at him when he wakes up in a field of painted poseys.

Everybody can choose to take on forms and faces other than their own. In a timeless place like "heaven", there is no rank or stature, nobody's older than the other. In the same line, both his kids who died years ago in a car accident, appeared to him at different intervals with their own revelations.

*Shall stop here or I'll spoil the show for you.*

This is the only movie so far, of all time, that got me sobbing like a child. I had literally soaked my pillow and blanket by the end of the show.

I guess it deals with my biggest fear - losing the people I love. I'm not afraid of death myself, but I'm terrified at the prospect of losing the people that I live for. I know that it's going to happen sooner or later, and I live in fear of when that day comes.

Watch this show if you have HBO signature, people. If not, rent it from your friendly neighbourhood rental shops (assuming they have this work of art), or dang! Buy it from HMV! Get the DVD if they have, this is too good to view in blur.

No comments: