Friday, April 04, 2008

Hi Big Brother


It's been a little over three years since you've been gone. We're all doing fine, in fact, we're going to be aunts and uncles soon when Zaiden and Chloe come, which should both be end of this month.

I've been bumbling around, but I've been doing good. Would've been better if you were here. Grandmama and Grandpapa are getting older, and Grandmama refuses to dye her hair anymore. Gan-ma has a fulfilling life with many things crammed into her days that even I have to make an appointment with her if I want to see her.

Everyone in the family has been doing good, and I know everyone misses you a lot. My mom, every time she knew I was going to see you at Mandai, she'd always ask me to bring along messages.

I kept my word, and I've always been riding with you. I know you're always nearby when I ride the fastest. When the wind rushes past me, I can almost hear you whisper faster... faster...

You've always loved the wind.

I've tried to find the place where you took me to the last time I saw you, but I couldn't find it. I know it is in Bishan park, but I've been there many times and couldn't find it. I still remember the CD that they were playing really loud when we were drinking. F.I.R's Fly Away.

Photobucket

I recently came across a couple of your riding photos online, and realized that other than the time you took me to drinking, I've never seen your passion before. Until I saw your group photo at PG, and a couple of you either beside your ZX-11 and in your helmet, I've never truly felt the urgent need to ride with you. To see you ride.

They say that time heals all wounds. What a load of bullshit. It still hurts as much inside as it did at the funeral three years ago. The memories are still as fresh, the stinging is still as deep.

I can still taste the ashes. I can still feel the tears.

I can still feel the wind in my hair...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@->- you are strong Jazz :)