Monday, March 16, 2009

DragonBall Evolution


Photobucket

Have you watched this movie? Have you?

Well don't.

Not even on weekdays.

NOT WORTH IT. If it weren't for the dudes who wanted to watch it, I probably wouldn't watch it either.

Let me break it down for you.

1) Dragonball Original - Japanese
Son Goku - ANG MOH*
Bulma - ANG MOH
Piccolo (Or pickle soup, as Rob calls him) - ANG MOH
And for those who weren't ANG MOHs, they all spoke English fluently, with posh American accents.

*caucasians

2) What irritated the fudge out of me throughout the show was that they pronounced Qi (气) as KEE. And what's even more irritating? They pronounced Qiqi correctly as CHI CHI. Why didn't Chow Yun-Fatt or Stephen Chow correct them? Argh!

3) The plots were so ridiculous that I kept giggling at the brainlessness throughout the action parts of the show. It probably took this much *points thumb at the last segment of her pinky finger* thought and hundreds of hours watching japanese animes in their mom's basement to develop the stupid show.

4) Piccolo goes down with just one blast. It's freaking predictable that he's not *gasp* dead in the end.

5) You can feel the rush of the show. No, not rush as in "high". Rush as in no-time-left-hurry-up-HURRY-UP rush. Even without media background, you can tell that the scenes were all cut off prematurely. And strangely, in some scenes you can actually see the change in the actor's facial expressions a second before some dude shouted "action". Don't believe me? Watch Chow Yun-Fatt closely.

6) I like Chow Yun-Fatt, but he's just too big and has too much hair for his character in this show. For some reason, his shifu (master) is... black.

7) Goku. Has. No. Tail. Even in his godamned monkey form.

And unaccounted for flaws throughout the entire show.

Don't watch this show if you're looking for action. Don't watch this show for entertainment. Don't watch this show especially if you're a dragonball fan. Don't watch this show at all. I came out of the cinema feeling like slapping somebody.

What a ridiculous waste of a supposedly good storyline.

2 comments:

Koyuki.JenxGeR said...

I loved the part when Goku kneeled on the ground, raised his arms and shouted, "DRAGON! HEAR ME!" or some shit like that. Classic cheesy shit - Had the whole theatre laughing.

It wasn't THAT bad lah, its more because its DBZ, and we all grow up imitating Goku's 龟派气功 and expecting so much out of this movie that we ended up so disappointed, lol.

For me, I didn't really give a shit. I watched it for my James Marsters <3

jazzyme said...

Muahahaha yeah, as if he read a manual on how to operate the dragon. "I compel you to suck my balls!" The dragon also bo bian have to obey.

Figures you'd watch. I saw JM's name in the credits and first person I thought of was you.

You know at the very end after the credits, the girl (whose dragonball was initially taken from her at the beginning of the show) was nursing back a motionless form on the bed who turned out to be Piccolo? Well, a couple of my friends added dialogue for her.

"Oh you poor Piccolo. You're so sick you turned green!"