Sunday, April 23, 2006

Back from Tioman!


Pictures first, before I say anything else about the trip because you probably won't be able to read much with pictures all over the place.

First off, all scenic photos below are taken from OUR BALCONY. Jealous? You should be.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

This should be on the second day right before we went snorkelling, taken with my dad.

Image hosting by Photobucket

With my aunt, Jennifer, on the beach. Can't you see I'm trying to lick something? *she's going to kill me for this*

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's me pretending to be a shark.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hunting for the fish that's permenantly underneath the jetty.

Image hosting by Photobucket

After the half hour hike at Air Bintang.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Messing around in Air Bintang..

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Group photo with Rikki Power, artist of awesome (but incredibly expensive) batik art. Visit him at http://www.welcome.to/rikkipower

Image hosting by Photobucket

The jetty. Our rooms (we've got two) are directly at the end of the jetty, top floor.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Discover scuba! I don't have a cert yet, so the instructors buddied up with us and maintained out bouyancy for us.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Photos taken underwater will be uploaded in next post when I scan in the photos.

After the dive.
Image hosting by Photobucket

The main instructor, Drew. As in Drew Carey, Drew Barrymore (private joke).

Image hosting by Photobucket

Walking back to the jetty after shedding the heavy scuba stuff.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Drinking at a an awesome pub called Safety Stop we found at Tekek village.

Image hosting by Photobucket

With Don, owner of the pub. He's very, very friendly. Do drop by if you're around the area anytime.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Suntanning on the beach.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hey!

Image hosting by Photobucket

The road leading to the private beach..

Image hosting by Photobucket

...where we caught four of these (check out the bikini behind). They're sitting on my living room table now, and don't ask how I brought them back.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Marine Park!

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is me moments before I went flying into the water..

Image hosting by Photobucket

Splash!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Feeding the parrotfishes.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Back at Air Bintang.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is what we've been using to travel around the island..

Image hosting by Photobucket

Last night of gambling.

Image hosting by Photobucket

A turtle fossil in the rock near our rooms.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Coral collecting before we started the trip back.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And we found something unrecognisable.

Image hosting by Photobucket

What the hoot is this? It was sliming along when we chanced upon it. There was very low tide that day, so some people in MOP said it might be a sea slug that got stuck.

Eewww.

Woah, look at the time. Gotta run! Update you as soon as I can, do be patient.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that view!
I'll spend the first day sitting in the balcony just chilling with a glass of wine....

I have just made a mental note to include Tioman in the places I want to visit.

Hope you had fun there!

Koyuki.JenxGeR said...

Wah lau. Shag.

All the pictures you posted with me in it were simply eeewww... Your digicam brings out the worst in me!

The ones on my cam were so much better :( Ehh, zip up all the photos you guys took and send to my email? Or get on msn and send it to me, pronto! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»