Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Report


This is a description of what happened.

Lazychoo and I were on our way to Yishun's VICOM for his wave inspection. He was riding his 929, I was riding his wave, of which I was insured as the sub-rider.

At the cross junction between Yishun Avenue 7 and Avenue 10 we made a right turn. The green arrow indicating right-turn only to our favor was on. I made the turn after throughly checking if there were any other cars on the opposite road. Lazychoo was behind me.

After I successfully made the turn I heard a loud crash behind me. I turned around immediately because I knew Lazychoo was behind me. A black car, apparently beating the red light had crashed INTO LAZYCHOO.

I saw him on the bike spinning out of control and then hitting the curb. The next thing I knew I was flying off the bike and the ground was coming closer to me. I rolled a good few times and during the period of rolling, all I could think of was to get to Lazychoo as soon as possible.

Immediately after I stopped rolling I jumped up and ran over to Lazychoo. He wasn't moving. Many hands attached to nameless faces held him up and placed him on the curb.

It scared the hell out of me.

While fussing over him and making sure he was ok, the lady driver of the car that hit Lazychoo, who stopped only because of a punctured tyre actually had the cheek to walk over and SCOLD us. She harshly, loudly and hysterically yelled that THE LIGHT WAS GREEN! THE LIGHT WAS GREEN!

The police and the ambulance arrived with an amazing speed of what felt like all of TWO minutes. Wow. First time I've seen them being so efficient. But I digress.

After making sure that I was ok and Lazychoo, upon advise, went off in the ambulance, Anthony and his mother came. Roger arrived shortly after that. They walked around to take pictures as evidence and talked to the lady driver and her husband, who by then had arrived at the scene.

I followed them to listen to what they were saying, but both Roger and Anthony walked away just as I reached. As I neared, I could hear the woman hysterically explaining to her husband that THE LIGHT WAS GREEN! I helpfully updated the husband with an unbiased account of what happened. How so unbiased?

"Well, what happened was that we were making the right turn. The traffic light indicated a green arrow in my favor, so I made the turn. Then she just appeared out of nowhere and smashed into Lazychoo."

Which was true.

Anyway, I walked away hearing them arguing heatedly, like sweet music to my ears.

The IO arrived and asked me for my account on what happened. I gave it to him action-by-action. He was very nice. He told me I could go after hearing my account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above is a statement of a true account. Should it not be true, I give full permission to slash me, flame me, walk on the road get hit by the same car, struck by lightning, fall into the sea get eaten by a giant squid, and roast to a crisp in an explosive accident. All of which I wish would happen to her.

That lying, scheming.. woman.

1 comment:

Melvin Poh said...

Haiz, which thief will admit that he/she actually stole something? Its such a disgrace that some drivers are so irresponsible, only care about their well beings and advantages. Never think of bikers whom are more vunerable and accident prowned on the roads. Drive like their mother's road and claimed that the fault doesn't reflect on them but on bikers instead. Haiz.. people.. these are just people.