Monday, March 10, 2008

I Did It!


I was in so much pain that I went ahead and called up a relatively known dental clinic and got the first slot.

The doctor was a very nice man who understood my fears and took things very slowly. Thankfully, the tooth could be extracted by simply plucking it out. But the position of the tooth was so awkward that he had to give me 4 injections of anesthesia to make me feel nothing.

I did feel something though; I felt the tooth ripping out nerve by nerve. It pinched a little, but wasn't entirely horrendously painful as most would have me believe. There was surprisingly little blood when I rinsed after he extracted the tooth.

The damage was $120. Not very expensive considering the doctor was very nice and friendly and experienced.

It's painful and itchy now. Actually it's more itchy than painful, mainly because of the gauze I had to bite hard on for another hour. The gums around the area are hurting a lot too, because the tooth had been grinding against them for quite some time now and they're raw.

Do you want to see the tooth? Now for the weak-hearted.




-->




-->




-->




Photobucket

For some reason he included the blood when he put it into the bag. Nice.

1 comment:

ting.sharon said...

haha ! .. 120 for the stupid WISDOM tooth which does not brings u any extra wisdom though =x i had 1 b4, i spent 668.66singapore dollar i mind u =)) .. that is the painful thing i did after getting my ATM card .. and its a operation which consist more den 15injections ~ .. haisx .. its lucky for u, for short, cool & cheap !