Sunday, May 17, 2009

Manipulation At Its Most Obvious


This post is for documentation, in case somebody asks me to give an example of how manipulation looks like in its raw form.

You pester and guilt-trip the fuck out of somebody for weeks, first trying to get him to come out before our Bali trip and failing which, constantly reminding him that you are going to meet his sister the week after and you hope that he will be there. Yes, you did not directly say that he HAS to be there, but you pestered and guil-tripped him so much that he had to go because you had manipulated him into thinking that he owes you something.

Count how many times you "reminded" him *guilt-trip comes free with every SMS!* within a span of 2 weeks. Before AND after Bali. Which reminds me, I saw the jealous SMS you sent to him directly before we went to the airport. What, to make sure he remembers you during his trip overseas with me?

So, after we've established the fact that you pestered and guilt-tripped the fuck out of him for two weeks to meet up with you (no girlfriend allowed, please, but your sister can come), you turn the tables on that day itself.

Suddenly, you become ever so slightly gracious, telling him that it's ok if he cannot make it. Suddenly you start to care if he would get into trouble for meeting you. Suddenly, your horns disappear and you try to make yourself out to be an angel.

Not-so-suddenly and not-so-unexpectedly, you throw in the "don't want another round of bitching" at the end of your SMS. Which obviously points to my blogging about things related to you i.e his attitude and behavior changes whenever you come into the equation.

So let me break this down even further for those who are thick in the skull and needs things to be broken down to their molecular base.

1) You want to meet my boyfriend and I am not allowed to go. Everybody else in the world can go, just not me.

2) You pester my boyfriend to meet you until he gave in.

3) Suddenly, at the last minute, you pretend that you have accepted that he will not be able to make it because according to your insinuation, I would've stopped him from going. You pretend that you actually cared if he would encounter any problems with meeting you.

What this does to the person you are aiming at: He would feel that suddenly he has a choice as to whether or not to meet you, as opposed to no choice because you kept pestering him before, but chooses to meet you anyway because he's already cleared his day for you and you were already there.

Essentially, he would think that it was his own choice to meet you, and that it was his own choice to abandon his girlfriend.

4) You add in that last bit about his girlfriend bitching about you.

What this does to the person you are aiming at: Doing this at the height of your newfound graciousness in giving him a choice, you are making yourself out to be a good and innocent person, who is bashed up by this monstrousity of another person's girlfriend who tries to stop him from meeting you and who bitches about you when he does.

While this is not entirely untrue (I admit to trying to discourage him from going, but I did not stop him), but when put into your context makes him think that I am the horrible one who bitches for no reason about you (which I clarified, the bitchings weren't about you before you took it into your own hands and decided that they were).

Essentially, causing him to think that I am a horrible person.

As he clarified, he is not such an idiot to be easily affected by other people (at least he thinks he isn't), the fact is you tried to treat him like some idiot.

How's that for breaking down your manipulation?

As usual, I have to state that I don't care anymore whether or not people manipulate him or stomp all over him because it is his problem and not mine, but I will stand up for myself even if he doesn't. When it affects or involves me, I will have to stand up and put my foot down.

End of documentation.

PS: For the rest of my dear readers. I know you guys are getting sick of reading about this creep of a person, who is appearing a lot in my recent posts.

I don't usually dwell on someone or something for long, but this time, this one person's affected me so bad that I can't sleep well at night for all the injustice he's done to me and my life.

If it were as simple as me and this creep it'd be over in a few seconds. But because this creep has a hold on my boyfriend, who acts and thinks around this creep, and my boyfriend is (or going to be was) my life, it's hard to pull my hands out of this muck.

The one good thing that came out of this was that I can finally meet my friends again after a few years of not being able to meet them because of the boyfriend, but the bad thing is that he makes me feel dirty for meeting my friends even though I only choose to meet them during the times that creep meets him.

So people, you can ask me out alone, but please keep yourself free and online after we go home because I'd need somebody to keep me company for awhile because the boyfriend sure wouldn't.

No comments: