Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Thanks to peeps who worried for me and showed their concern. Leeling jiejie, Jennifer, Shirong, Uncle Ronald, Yuffie and Preacher, thanks. I truly appreciate you guys.

A word of advice to all would-be bloggers: do your blogging on that actual day that a topic you’ll be posting happens. Don’t procrastinate.

I had three topics that I wanted to post, but was too lazy and thought of leaving it till another day. Now I don’t have the will to write all three.

Yesterday, while shopping for fish around 900+ with baby, I found this incredibly inconspicuous shop that would soon be my second favorite place in Yishun.

A parrot shop smack in the middle of a few other normal shops. Without a signboard.

Cockatoos, AGs, conures, rumps, macaws, ringnecks, a few songbirds, lovebirds, cockatiel babies weaned and unweaned, budgies, a few other birds and a lovely, lovely rosella. Sweet rosella.

I’m in love with that rosella.

It is such a sweet thing, with its colorful feathers and shy demeanor, it captured my heart. Sweet baby rosella.

Anyone out there who owes me a favor? Here’s your chance to redeem yourself. Hint: I’m in love with that rosella.

Anyway, the shop owner is quite a nice guy, and he seems really sincere with his birds. All his birds are tame and hand-fed, and he really knows his stuff. Unlike some bird shop-keepers I see out there who doesn’t know jack shit about catering to their bird’s wellbeing. All they knew was to feed it, clean it’s cage, give it water, that’s all.

He explains his stuff in detail, about the different breeds of birds. All his birds are so tame that keen customers are able to take them out of their cage to play with them. Most of them already know the standard “Up” signal.

People! Visit that shop sometime when you’re free. It’s located at the block beside the huge fish shop which is beside the housing board office. Block 931. If you’re not from Yishun, ask me and I’ll show you the way.

After a few minutes of sheer happiness from being near those birds, we left for the basketball court at 346. A few irritating girls were there, but I didn’t bother much about them since I didn’t know them.

There was this “vertically inclined” (I call it fat) girl playing there too. I actually had no grudges against this vertically inclined airbag but she said something that made me wish I could prick her with a needle and watch her fly all over the place.

When I went there after lights out with my dog Tracy and lovebird Mika, she squealed and then refused to admit that she was scared of dogs when someone else teased her about it. She went “No lah, it’s just that one shouldn’t bring a dog to the basketball court lor!” very loudly and then immediately shut up because she saw me staring at her. Bitch.

Firstly, don’t fuck around and come to MY territory, and say anything that refers indirectly to me. Because I don’t want to have anything to do with an airbag. Secondly, if you can’t play basketball well, don’t come to MY court and pretend that you’re some critic watching me play. Don’t speak too loudly, particularly no squealing when someone rejects your ball, if you can’t win me. Thirdly, don’t act cute with Charlton and the guys, because you are not.

Stupid airbag.

Back to today.

I went for an interview at Jurong with Corina, the human resource personnel at creative, for the position of an exhibition girl. I GOT THE JOB!! WoohoO~

She was quite nice, and asked me to change into the outfit we’re supposed to be wearing during the IT show. An ultra tight top with a miniskirt. I changed, and when I stepped out of the cubicle she looked me over from top to toe and said “You got the job.”

It was such a morale booster! I could’ve kissed her right there and then.

Imagine. I get the job. In 3 days I make more that what I made in half a month as a waitress. The IT show runs for 4 days. Guess what that means?

I’m not sure what that means either, it’s either the rosella, or a top up of my accounts at BBDC. Oh sure, I’ll be giving half to my mom, but the other half is enough to keep me happy for awhile.

Today was a sweet day.

Such a sweet day.

I wonder if everyday could be as sweet?

No comments: