Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Suicide... or Not.


Woke up to the sound of many voices talking at 7 in the morning. I thought they belonged to the school kids who were on their way to school, so I went back to sleep. It was only at 8.30am when I woke up for work that I wondered what was wrong. It's the school holidays, how can there be so many people going to school? Further more, how can they still be on their way to school at this hour, even if they did have school?

I looked out the window and saw this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was still at the window when another car pulled in. Even before it stopped, a man jumped from the passenger side and ran to the scene. He tried to flip open the tent, but the police stopped him. He kept crying and crying. Afterwards when he kind of got into a state of shock, he just squatted in a corner, staring at the tent and crying.

Was it suicide, or an accident?

Whatever it was, I extend my deepest condolences to the deceased's family and friends.

Such is humanity.

*UPDATED* Found out from the neighbourhood grapvine (read: Lazychoo's mum) that the deceased was a 40 plus year old woman, who was cleaning her living room windows when she accidently plummeted to her demise.

That man I saw must've been her husband.

My deepest condolences again. May she rest in peace. Or something.

No comments: