Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I got lost today.


Wandered around the expressways, holland road, clementi and many other smaller, unremembered roads. I rode for almost 2 hours before finding the destination, Albert Motors where Lazychoo was to put my name in as a sub-rider for his new bike.

I was perilously close to getting into an accident 4 times, got horn-ed at for god-knows-how-many times, ran out of petrol once and had to practically pedal the rest of the way to the nearest station, almost getting mauled by a bus enroute.

And to top this all off, I was cramping. PMS mode: on.

Wasn't feeling my best when I saw Lazychoo(who was late), and my temper flared. He almost lost his patience with me, but tried to cool me down all the same.

After he did all the whatnots that he had to do to get the bike transferred, we headed back to Yishun to get some dog food.

On the road. Riding back. A tear fell down my cheek, followed swiftly by the other.

I didn't know why I was crying, it just happened without reason. Maybe I felt that I wouldn't have had to take all these had I chose to be a brainless bimbo who's ok with relying on others. But I'm not. I have a brain, and I am independant. Even if it means getting lost for more than an hour, I stay independant.

I wiped those tears away with a gloved hand, but they kept coming. As we reached a red traffic light, I turn my face away from Lazychoo. I didn't want to have to explain something I didn't know the reason to.

"Darling."

"..."

"Wei, darling."

I looked at him with eyes still moist and face still wet.

"You know hor, you shouldn't be riding like that... blah blah blah"

"...."

He didn't notice the shiny trails left by the tears from the window of my soul.

And I smiled a hollow smile. This is Lazychoo for you.

Met up with a couple of Kawa-ians, Aprilians and WLNY-ians, plus some people in the SBF forums at Yishun Dam later on.

Painted the wordings on my front tyre white. Almost broke my back doing that.

People came, people left.

Maybe that's the way life's gonna be for quite some time for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was lost for close to 3 hours on - gasp! - the expressway the first day i rode.

I was supposed to be following the cab my friends were in, but i looked down to get something from my pouch for a second, and when i looked up again, the cab was gone. Followed the wrong cab, ended up in Shenton Way, stopped twice to look at my map, and another time to flag down a cab so i could ask for directions. Was VERY late to get to Pasir Ris - for my birthday celebration, no less. Bummer.

Crashed 3 times in my first 3 weeks of riding. Crashed again shortly after, which was when i decided to ditch that cruiser. And just when i thought myself invincible after a couple of years of riding, i crashed again late last year. Bah.

The point of it all? I would say you're doing pretty all right. ;p Keep that chin up!

jazzyme said...

Thanks for sharing your experience - now I don't fell like a complete idiot.

You sound like an interesting person, come out with us some time? Guess you already know about the Aprilian group from my blog, there're a couple of RS250s as well.

Could come out and make a big hoo-ha about each other's bikes. ^-^