Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Work's been great, getting better as I go along (even though I've skiving right now to post this). Getting the hang of things more easily now. I've pasted photos of my pets, a couple of bikes and an old WLNY group photo taken at the dam. At least every day when I get really annoyed with the moronic customers I have something to smile to.

Learnt a few things from my work place too. I've learnt that no matter what happens, work still has to go on. I've also learnt that mandarin oranges left over from Chinese new year produces fruit flies when left on the table (you should see the state of our inner office, nobody dares to stay too long inside anymore). And that when you eat and work at the same time you get indigestion. Not to mention how moronic office workers can be.

I suddenly had this vision of picking up the phone, calling the customer service hotlines of the shipping companies and hearing his voice on the line. He used to study mass comm when he was in poly. Although he chose the F&B line to advance his career, it ended when our place closed down. I don't know where he is now, and I don't want to find out.

I don't want to hear his voice on the other line.

Aye, stop wondering who lah. I will not talk about him, ever again. I've moved on long ago.

Anyway, most of you know that I've already started riding right? Only after I started handling my own bike that I realized there is a deep desire for reliance. But then, after thinking for awhile, I found out that my desire for independance overcomes the desire to rely. I cannot rely too much on Lazychoo, he's got his own problems to face. I'm facing my own. The occasional help would be nice, but I guess it's up to me to make things right.

Which brings me to this subject: I have a newfound religion! Well, not actually newfound, but I've had it in me all this while, it's just that I've never really spent much time to think in-depth about it.

My religion = Me.

Only I can make things happen. Only I can make things right. When good things come, I accept then with a smile. When bad things come, I grin and try to make the best of it. There's no such thing as fate, or karma or anything. I strongly believe in having morals and being true to your conscience.

When i want something, I don't pray. If I want it bad enough, I take action to get it, instead of useless praying. If I get it, oh yay, if I don't, life goes on the same way as it is, so I don't really lose out on anything. Even if I did lose out on something, it is within my power to either get it back or shrug it off and continue with life.

The power is in me. The same power is in you too. Make your life a ride worthwhile.

When life hands you lemons, you.. squeeze the hell out of them and throw it back at the person who dumped them on you.

Motivational moment aside, life with Lazychoo's getting better and better. Maybe this seems small, but we're hitting the half-year mark soon. It means something to me, even though it might not seem much to anyone else, because I hadn't realized that until yesterday, when it hit me out of the blue.

Time's passing so fast.. Could we all just spare a moment to count our blessings?

No comments: