Thursday, June 26, 2008

Prawning Is Fun


Photobucket

Monday night prawning with SL kakis Cookie (dnickb Kohime) and Jee (jee Jookerie).

It was supposed to be a supper session at AMK's McDees, but as usual Cookie did some last minute planning and hauled both Jee and me to the prawning place at Sin Ming.

This was one of the first times I've been to prawning without my dad around (to take the prawn off the hook for me, which became Cookie's responsibility) and also the first time I barbequed the prawns right after catching them. Usually we'll bring it home to cook.

Photobucket

Anyways, this is Jee.

Photobucket

Jee wants me to convey the message that salting prawns on the outside does add flavor to the prawns because when you shell the prawns, the salt sticks to your fingers and gets onto the prawn itself when you touch it. Which means the prawns get a distinctive flavor which isn't too heavy.

Jee is a rare find, because he is, so far, the only person I talked to regarding religious views, who hasn't annoyed me and who hasn't been offended by my views on religion. I have never found anyone whom I could talk so freely about religion to and whom I agree with for differing opinions (on most parts).

By the way, he's Atheist and I'm Agnostic. And poor Cookie, who's Christian, was forgotten for a moment until I remembered he was still happily prawning beside us. Sorry Cookie!

Photobucket
Half of Jee and half of Cookie and ME!

Photobucket

The outcome

Photobucket

Yummy, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh i am less atheistic now leh... must clarify if not my old friends will come and haunt me till i go to hell.

maybe call me a reformed atheist. Mmm... on second thoughts, juz leave it be ba.