Thursday, December 04, 2008

Dreams



I remember you.

Why won't you let me help you? I see you writhing on the floor, and I couldn't do anything but stand there and watch. You wouldn't let me touch you.

You jauntily stole my heart when you jumped into the lorry with me, and took me on a whirlwind ride to fetch your little friend before her mother came back. You seemed awkward and happy at first, but then I got to see your darker side in the 'hood.

You wanted to protect me. From them. They who left you writhing on the floor and left you to die.

You told me to wait, but you never came back. I was left wandering around the streets waiting for you. You were special, and you taught me that I was special too.

And you, with the chiselled looks, thick eyebrows, tall and dark, decked out in white suit, white tie and white hat. You were here, specially for me.

Why didn't you take me away with you?

Why didn't you take me away with you?

You just smiled.

No comments: