Monday, April 20, 2009

Shock


My baby Tracy, a CKCS who is 10 years old since last November, gave me a shock today.

As usual on a lazy Monday, I was planning to sleep in til at least 3 in the afternoon.

Tracy woke me up at 2 with her barking. Something was wrong. She usually doesn't bark at home, and this was no excited barking. This was painful barking + wailing. She didn't stop when I picked her up. When I laid her out on the bed, she became paralysed and didn't want to move, giving me painful whines now and then.

I got so scared that I started crying when I called the AAVC located at Yishun. I told the person who picked up that it was an emergency and he got the vet rushing back to the clinic (it was closed at that time).

Then when I was getting myself ready to go out, she slowly walked out from the carrier and walked into the living room. And then she started wagging her tail. So I called the clinic and told the guy that Tracy was able to walk again, and he told me that that's usually the case for seizures. He also reminded me that the vet was rushing back to the clinic, so it would seem horrible of me not to go.

Then when I was waiting by the roadside with Tracy in a doggie carrier, the guy called again to tell me that the vet was in the clinic. My guess was that it was Dr Kenneth Tong, cuz there was the voice of a guy in the background instructing him.

He said that if Tracy seemed ok, the doctor advises me to go to the clinic only at 5pm so I can avoid paying the $80 emergency surcharge.

So get this. I ruined his break for today, and he's helping me save money. Sweet guy, right?

Photobucket

AAVC - Animal & Avian Veterinary Clinic. Blk 716 Yishun St 71 #01-254 - Dr. Kenneth Tong

I'll update more when I get back from the clinic later.

1 comment:

feathers said...

Dr Tong is a very sweet vet, he's the only one who is willing to stay and have a look at Hiccups on Chinese New Year eve.

Hope Tracy is fine, she's a wonderful dog and its so long since I saw her. Help me give her an extra kiss and hug k =)