Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I know I haven't been in to post as regularly as I should (now where have we heard this line before?), and I probably won't be online as regularly from now on because my prelims are coming and I'm on a rigorous study schedule everyday.

Things that happened these few days:

1) Amassed a great archive of every single calvin and hobbes comic ever made. Going to print them out, bind and treat as family heirloom.

2) Took the dog out for a walk with Y one fine day and guess what? We found a lovebird! It's cage was wrapped up in a plastic bag and lying on its side. It was so scared that it kept on screaming. That was what led me to find it.

There used to be another lovebird in our block too, because it would call out every night. I found it weird because the noise usually comes from one particular unit in my block. That night, the noise was coming from the back of those double-storey houses. I wanted to go see if anyone has a new lovebird, and stumbled upon this square-shaped thing lying on the ground. It was a cage, and the lovebird was clinging on to the side, screaming for all it was worth.

Such a lovely bird. And so young too. How could anyone ever bear to abandon it? Obviously the previous owner loved it very much too, because he/she bothered to install the wire mesh thingie at the bottom. The bird looks in the pink of health too, and very tame. However, I suspect it is a female because its bite hurt.

Photos won't be up until I find a name for it. If I can find a name for it, its mine. Suggestions, anyone?

It's a lutino, by the way. Yellow body with peach face, very beautiful and sweet.

No comments: