Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One day at work


Work starts at 9am. BOTH Lazychoo and I wake up at 8.40am, and thus begins the mad rush to get ready for work.

I usually stay over at his place on weekdays because it's more convenient for us to go to work then. So we usually wind up waiting at his carpark for awhile while his bike warms up.

I looked around, and there was this auntie standing some distance away, back facing us.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At first glance it looked as if she was fiddling with a bike, but upon closer inspection there was actually a kid on the Super4.

She was letting her kid ride on a bike that probably did not belong to anyone she knows!

Owner of that Super4 please take note of this woman. If I see her letting her kid ride on my bike or Lazychoo's bike.. I will give her kid one tight slap.

Then it's off to work for both of us. Lazychoo drops me off at the overhead bridge near my workplace so I can cross the road and get to my office.

Everyday on the way to my office, I pass by this huge-ass carpark for buses and lorries. And curious things were to be found in this carpark.

Like this,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not to mention this cockpit-like thing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Once I reach my office, I start messing around with my computer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is how bare my office is now, because all the furniture we ordered for the lounge aren't here yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That water dispenser in the corner got us all excited when it came because before it came, we all lived on mineral water or canned drinks from the coffeeshop, 5 minutes' walk away.

I dig in on my paperwork. Shortly after, a woman calls. She speaks with a sophisticated accent, asking for directions to our building.

I thought it respectful to use the same sophisticated accent as she did (not in a disrespectful way, of course), and I was glad because usually people who call to ask for directions can't speak English for nuts.

"What building can you see now?"

"Well, there's the STA inspection center on my left."

"Okay, I need you to make a right turn at the T-junction, and look out for an entrance into Sector B on your left. What can you see now?"

"Erm, I can see a YALLOW building."

*stun*

*stuns some more*

"You mean the YELLOW CityCab building?"

"Yes, that's what I said, the YALLOW building."

"O..kay.."

Shortly after, lunch time comes. Because I don't really mix with my colleagues much, I usually go out and pack some food back to office.

Today I packed this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I didn't realise that the famous Bak Kut Teh came in a plastic bag. Now how am I supposed to eat out of this?

I have an idea! Take this,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Find some way to make it into this (with the help of lots of sticky tape),

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And voila~

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Usually along with my food, I pack extra bits of meat like luncheon meat for the babies that hang around the guard house.

These are the three babies here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Duckie. The eldest of the three, also the most obedient. She nudges me hard with her head, asking for a pat whenever I walk past. What's fascinating is that she also knows how to "shake hand" in exchange for just a pat on the head. This photo doesn't do her justice, she's actually very beautiful.

About her name. I used to call all three of them "doggie" whenever I see them, and "doggie" soon evolved into "duckie", and she's the first one to answer to that name so she got stuck with it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Girl Girl. She's very sweet, and very, very playful. To some, her playfulness is a tad scary, because she growls and shows her teeth, but you can tell she's only playing with you because her tail wags non-stop. She also likes to come and vie for my attention with Duckie.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Baby. The youngest of the three, the shy one. Always getting bullied by Duckie. Whenever I shower Duckie with head rubs she will come close and sit behind Duckie, and it is obvious that she wants a head rub too but doesn't dare to ask for one from me. And if I do pat her, Duckie will get so jealous that she'll growl at Baby. Poor baby, so shy and so sweet. Someday I'm going to get her to hide in the toilet and give her a good rub down.

Someday soon too, I'm going to give all three of them a bath. My hands turn black whenever I pat them.

No wait, scrap that, they're all gonna get dirty again anyway.

Why I'm so proud of them: All three of them are petrified of people. Whenever anyone walks near they'll balk and run. They're not that interested in food too, so it's not easy to psycho them with food. All three used to run whenever I got close enough to squat down and touch them.

I tried with them everyday. Soon they got close enough for me to touch, but I couldn't initiate the touch because they'd balk again. What I did was I extended my hand, and soon Girl Girl touched my hand with her muzzle. Then Baby shyly came forward for a pat too. The biggest change was with Duckie, who hated me at first, but joyfully bounded up to me and stuck her face in my thigh demanding a head rub when she saw me with her two sisters.

Other than me and the security guard at the guard house, nobody else can touch them.

After lunch, a guy calls to arrange for an appointment for a servicing the next day.

"I'd like to bring my car in at 1pm."

"I'm sorry sir, 1pm is our lunch time, is it ok if you come after 2?"

"Wah, you all have lunch time one ah?" *sniggers*

*mutters* "..... fuck you."

"What was that?"

"I said, yes, we do have lunch times. Ok if you come after 2?"

"Sure, no problem."

After work, I walk to the bus stop further ahead to wait for Lazychoo to fetch me. And the same stone barrier was there, as it was everyday, mocking me, laughing at me because everyone else was on the way home and I was there all alone waiting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Damn you, stupid stone barrier! Now look who's laughing!

Now that I have my bike back, here's where I park him.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Peekaboo!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And since then, I've been shifted to the corner of the reception desk for my game-playing privacy. Can you spot anything familiar?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: