Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bored at home


Random squawk: Have I told you that I'm currently not working? Long story. I'm looking for an office-hours job now. Anyone has lobang?


Yeap, it's exactly as the title says. Thank goodness we have the Starhub Cablevision now, or I'll really be bored to death.

While we're on this topic, I have some comments to share.

Before cable TV came along, the Lazy and I used to spend lazy evenings renting DVDs and watching them at home, or downloading cartoons like South Park, Family Guy and Futurama. Much of the fun was in the wait for the cartoons to finish downloading, and it was awesome when an episode had finished downloading and we could spend half an hour cuddling together watching them.

Or on a particularly lazy night when we don't even feel like going out to rent DVDs and the cartoons aren't downloaded yet, we'd be playing PS2. Well actually he'd be playing, and I'd be searching online for cheats. Heh.

That was fun.

Not that I don't like having cable TV now, but it takes away the fun of waiting and having to search for some nice DVDs. Most of the time now our eyes are glued to the set.

Maybe sometimes the simple life is just so much better.

We still do have fun now, like cooking our dinner together and munching away in front of the TV.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lazy, the great shishamo cooker.

And let me tell you something. Lazy's shishamos are totally out of this world! And I'm the only one who gets to eat! Haha.

Anyways, I don't believe I've told you that my YELLOW MENACE IS BACK ON THE ROAD!!!!? Yea, Dante baby's BACK!

However, my workshop made a mistake. An awfully big and obvious one at that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See the difference?

At first sight, yellow seemed nice. But when you look at it long enough, it's disgusting. Black is so much nicer.

Law says that it's only a small thing, and maybe I'll grow to like it. I told him that the front mudguard of a bike is like the shoes of a woman. If a colour doesn't match, we'll try on another dozen pairs until we find the right one that matches whatever we're wearing. And yes, I am a woman, so I'll nag and nag and nag at my workshop until they get me the right colour.

Dante's engines are running smoothly and perfectly, his petrol comsumption is amazingly low as well. The only thing that worries me is the brakes. I've just changed brake pads and they're not working as well yet, I need to wear them out a little before they start working to their full potential. And the brake lever's way too close to the handlebars.

I think I'm going to make a trip down to Ubi to correct it today.

Paying for Dante's hospitalisation and medical bills has left me broke. I desperately need a job or a source of income. Any companies with an opening wants to hire a certain blog-mistress?

I don't mind part-time because once I get my diploma next year I'm going to change jobs anyway, unless the company decides to make full use of my diploma (and provide me the benefits as well). I'm also looking forward to having free cash in my hand again so I can get this...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Doesn't look like much but it's one of my favourite. Gucci sunglasses going at $430. I'm also in love with another one of Oakleys, going at $330.

Anybody kind enough to get them for me?

No comments: