Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Something's wrong.


My role model's turning weak. She's letting the word love seep into her carefree life.

Sash, dear Sash, please don't be like me.

"They are the questions I don't ask because I know the answers would not satisfy either of us. They are the things I don't say because it would prematurely lead us down the path to destruction. They are the calls I don't make because I know it would be difficult for him to talk. They are the tears I don't shed because I choose to be the problem-free, skippy-la-la girl he prefers, the one who sticks with him and tries to cheer him up at a moment's notice even though she is crying inside.

These unsung, uncelebrated victories provide the invisible glue that hold our fragile union together.

And the spoils of each internal battle, I let him plunder. I entrust him the secret treasures of my heart and let him into my life, little by little. With each intimate confidence I share and each story I tell, I give him parts of myself that cannot be taken back.

I let my lotus heart unfurl for him, even as he runs his knife through it. His presence is a natural anaesthetic. I bleed, but I laugh. Because for those glorious moments, I feel so intensely alive. It is only when I am alone, sobering up to grim unforgiving reality, that I realize how deep the wounds go and how much it will take to heal."

Please..

"The higher I reach, the lower I fall - that is the contract I have signed with the devil months ago."

... don't...

"Whatever it is, we all pick our battles, and I have picked this one. It is a living-will choice to reject the lithium of common sense and pragmatism for now. And though the black madness rages about me, I will stand by that decision."

... be...

"Make no mistake, I am no deserter. But I would rather quit whilst I'm ahead, than pass the point of no return and have total destruction all around me. That is still a fair distance away. So until then, I soldier on and hope for the best."

... like me.

Please, Sash, don't let me lose faith. Please don't resign to a fate I've resigned myself to. Don't let them step all over you. You're so much better than that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happen to you?? the way u type your blog sound sad... anyway tat day i saw kenny at yishun with another gal.. is tat u ???? when u cut short hair ???

jazzyme said...

I don't have short hair.. maybe you saw the wrong person.

Anonymous said...

Maybe kenny found a new girl.

jazzyme said...

Maybe you saw the wrong guy.

Anonymous said...

hey jazzy, dun mistake this anonymous is not me.. anyway cannot be i saw wrong guy, kenny look i can recognise.. but i can confirm e gal is not you..

Anonymous said...

ha.... crap....
I don't know anyone with shorthair.
Plus I'm not attacted to girls with short hair. Try harder next time dude.