Friday, May 05, 2006

Watch out for the August issue of Newman magazine..


.. and try to see if you can spot yours truly!

Profound thanks to Alan Him who came over to help me polish my bike on Wednesday before leading me to the shoot. God knows what I would've done without him. I'd probably get lost on the road for an hour looking for the exit to East Coast Park.

But anyways, he was entitled to the privilege of watching the shooting going on, and saw the photos first hand, so it was an even trade.

The writer of the column is Kenneth, a very friendly guy who was very sincere in doing the interview. He did a double take when I told him that Alan's the president of the Aprilia Riders Club, and told us that he's constantly looking for female riders and drivers to feature in his column. So girls, if you're interested, drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

During the shoot, the photographer had to upload the picture into his notebook every single time he took a shot, just so we could see how the effects came out. Alan took this opportunity to start snapping away.

Here's one with the cameraman uploading the picture.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Being the cheeky me, I couldn't resist this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And this next picture portrays the ti-ko-ness of Alan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*oei, what are you staring at?*

The interview went on smoothly, basically we just sat there and chatted like normal friends. It went on for a little under 10 minutes, so we were able to rush off before the rain started.

Can't wait for the August issue to come out! *nervous giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Met up with my Aprilian brothers later on that day. Or should I say, mostly-ex-Aprilians-and-a-couple-who-still-ride-Aprilia. Most of them changed bikes except bro Vik, Alan, Dannis and Dex. Samuel and Andrew changed to waves, Ben's changed to a CBR150, and obviously the Aprilian mascot is still a Mito. It was a gathering of friends, not a formal ARC outing.

It was actually better than a formal ARC outing because everyone's so relaxed and the chit chatting were non-stop. I loved every moment of it.

I missed them guys. Those are my talk cock buddies and for a couple, people to whom I poured my heart out to. Hopefully there'll be more outings like that soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished watching the movie Sha Po Lang (SPL) on VCD just now. Alone. Because. Someone. Fell. Asleep. While. Watching.

*ggrrr*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Get the comments for the movie here --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478024/.

It's a totally AWESOME movie for wushu fanatics, cops/gangsters fanatics, and of course, Donnie Yen fanatics like me.

Did I tell you I once swore to marry him someday? Okay, I was young then, but I still want to marry him. The irony is, his new daughter's name is Jasmine too. Argh!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What I found interesting in the show is this newcomer in the Hong Kong movie industry.

Jing Wu

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Okay, so he's not new in the industry, but this is the first big movie he's in, so there.

He's always been acting minor parts, cheekily running about cracking jokes here and there, I never expected him to be China's wushu champion! (note: fact not confirmed because blogger too lazy to confirm). I was amazed by his skills and speed at his showdown with Donnie Yen.

In short, this show is TOTALLY AWESOME. Pity I didn't watch the movie in a cinema, I'd be swooning away in the cinema seat (not that I wasn't swooning in my bed while watching the VCD). Get the VCD, no, get the DVD guys, this one's a classic must-have in your DVD collection.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. You got to bring in your yellow beauty to the shoot. woohoo! Power lah! You go, girl!

Father John

Anonymous said...

hi Jasmine, I am angeline, (mel's gf) nice pictures taken and you are very photogenic. =)

Anonymous said...

ooo! Newman Mag? *makes a note to buy august issue* =0P

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»