Thursday, July 03, 2008

Powerful Words


This is my white brother, Rycel/Onn/Onnions/Shut Up La/Mr Wong or my personal favourite, Onn-aahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Photobucket

Also my mom's favourite god-son.

I was with this dude for some fresh air mixed with smoke on Monday, and for the first time, he was actually serious during the conversation. He told me lots of things about what's happening around him and such, made me feel I could open up to him.

He was one of the first I opened up to on this particularly sensitive topic. I'd thought he'd either take it as a joke or even reprimand me, but he didn't. Instead, he looked at me straight in the eye and said something that struck a chord in me.

"Jasmine, no matter what your decision is, as a friend, I will support you no matter what."

These words might seem ordinary to you, but to me they meant 9 years of friendship (filled with turmoil) that is so totally worth it. Nobody has ever said that to me before and it really warms me to know that I have such a friend.

Thanks bro. You complete my life.

No comments: