Friday, July 25, 2008

Smells


As the breeze wafts past, pausing only to tease my face, I could smell him.

I don't know who, but it seemed incredibly familiar, it seemed like home. I turned and searched for the source.

Some old Japanese dude. Bah.

C.K Crave. Hugo Boss. Aigner, even.

This smell meant fun. This guy with this smell told jokes to make me laugh, or even played childishly with me.

This smell meant business, but with a tinge of cheeky, because that guy with that smell wore wacky-tacky ties to work on Mondays.

Hugo Boss meant a dark, mysterious aura mixed with Hokkein songs in an empty restaurant filled with colours wafting around us. Hugo Boss also meant pretty much 70% of the male population in SG.

It's annoying when people buy the most popular perfumes/colognes because suddenly you feel them everywhere (because that smell is everywhere).

So people, please buy the smaller and not-so-popular brands if you have to use them. It's easier to identify and to remember.

Now if I can only remember who it is....

No comments: