Friday, August 22, 2008

For The Love Of...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bikes.

Two wheels.

It's the only thing that can make one fall in love with the wind, and when one sees the wind as colours, it's the only thing that makes the colours straighten out in a sharp blur.

It's also the one thing that makes control freaks like me lose control for a blurry few seconds, for a few times during one ride. When you start autopiloting when squeezing cars at 100km/h, and you drop back to reality for that few seconds feeling that you're not in control of the bike, that's my favourite kind of adrenaline.

And after awhile your bike becomes you, and you become one with the bike. You don't even notice the subtle things your body does to shift the bike left, or right, or swerve. I did a almost-knee-down bend when exiting the CTE to Yishun yesterday while squeezing cars and noticed that I only had to use my mind to shift further out left to avoid a car on the right, and my body somehow went along with it, thus the bike. It's your typical I-don't-know-how-I-did-it-but-I-did-it-anyway stunt.

*Sigh*

My little Boreas really took me so much further on the adrenaline trip than Dante did. That the basic difference between a 125cc and a 400cc, I guess. Which gets me thinking - where would a 750cc or even a 1098cc take me?

Wanna see my Boreas' first servicing with me? I did it at the prestigious K&T (ok, not so prestigious, I just like their service and what they did to Boreas). Clifford was the one who serviced Boreas, and he's a real friendly and professional guy.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I have James Bond as an alarm.

Like I said, he's really friendly and understands that newbies to the 2A bikes like me have absolutely no knowledge of the bike(yet). I think I amused him with my excitement about seeing Boreas naked for the first time, and surprisingly for a mechanic, he took the time to patiently explain to me where everything was (carb, pistons, etc) and even explained how they functioned.

When he took out my fairing, he very cheekily told me he caught something in my fairing. He had it in his hand and asked me to come closer, and showed it to me.

Photobucket

Chicken Little aka little Roger! This was on my keyring when I was with Dante, and I guess Boreas didn't like it much because I lost this on my first ever ride back home with Boreas. Officially, Chicken Little is now kept well out of sight of Boreas (actually it's on my office table) so Boreas wouldn't get jealous and throw a tantrum.

Photobucket

Even when I got bored and sat at a corner waiting for him(he was busy attending another customer), he called me over when he went back to my bike, and showed me how he flushed my coolant. He even pulled me to another RVF and showed me where my pictons are supposed to be.

Photobucket

And yes, he called me over when he finished stripping Boreas and said "Nah, take photo! Now is the best time to take liao."

How thoughtful is that?

I would strongly recommend anyone with a RVF to go to K&T for their servicing, because not only their service is friendly, their skills are good too. Boreas felt so much smoother after the initial clunkiniess bikes always have directly after a service.

Read all about their reliable and professional services at K&T!!!

Add: Blk 3006 Ubi Road 1 #01-372 Singapore 408700
Tel: 6745-5463

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jazzy.. i felt that kind of adrenaline rush while riding too..

maybe thats the passion we have as bikers. thankyou so much for introducing me to the biking world.

let the V4 engine ROAR!

jazzyme said...

You're always welcome, RYCEL. Always welcomed at my home, haha.

Two 750s side-by-side in future ah. That's our dream.

Rycel has a blog too? Interesting. Mind if I do a bit of poking around there?

Anonymous said...

heh . go ahead.