Thursday, September 01, 2005

There was an error in my last post. Georgie Porgie pointed out that it was he who found the white swishy dress at HMV. Many thanks to Georgie Porgie who pointed out the error(he just wants to claim credit).

Anyway, I had this really irritating message today. A friend of mine from long time ago messaged me out of the blue and asked if I had any xiao mei mei to introduce to him.

Firstly, my experience being a Zen girl does not immediately put me into a situation where I know a LOT of pretty girls. Well actually I do know some pretty ladies but I am NOT going to intro them to such a shallow person like you.

Secondly, I am NOT a medium for pretty ladies. If you want a decent looking girl, you're already talking to one.

I don't have much female friends, so asking me to introduce some, or to bring some along when I go clubbing with any of you guys, is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Stupid pick-up lines from wholivesnearyou:

Joshua: "u look cute men... hi i`m jos nice to see u at my coffee shop. take care" ya, like I don't already know your name. Duh!

Another Joshua: "GOSH..!..wow.ur such a hottie..and so pretty too..haha.bf must be really lucky to haf u uh?..HELO!" Yes, my boyfriend is lucky to have me, unlike unlucky you, who doesn't even have anyone at all. And no, don't HELO me.

Jonathon: "u look pretty interestin... care to make a friend? jonathen here... haha... hope to hear from u... ciao..." I look pretty interesting? Well you look absolutely disgusting, so stop sending the same message to every single girl who "looks interesting".

This is a good one. I think it's fairly hard to find pick-up lines like this in Singapore nowadays. Especially for Chinese guys. All they do is either come straight up and ask "can I make fren with u?" or keep throwing you sneaky looks, hoping you'd go over and introduce yourself.

This, from a non-chinese : "hi there.jus strolling around till ur smile caught my attention.cant resist not saying hi,have a great day "

At least I feel inclined to give him a reply: "You should feel lucky that there are bimbotic guy around with lousy pick up lines like "hi can make fren" that makes you look good"

Yurk!

Anyways, had a chat with a friend from a forum online a few days ago. Excerpts:
(green is me, purple is him. Sick of using red and blue all the time.)

ok ok, so how do i persuade her out on a date ?
without sounding desperate / horny / evil
call her
for gawd's sake don't date her out via sms
say..
well, my friend made a reservation at so-and-so restaurant..
.. and he kinda had an argument with his girlfriend..
and he asked me not to waste that reservation
cuz its kinda hard to get reservations for that restaurant
so.. would you like to go with me?

maybe we could catch a movie afterwards
ta-da~!

sounds like a plan
she might see thru the plot
yes she definately will,
but with any luck she'd think it cute and go out with you
that was what i was counting on.
BUT what if she goes, " shouldn't you be comforting your friend blah blah blah" ?

well.. they kinda.. *pause* have arguments here and there but it'll be fine in a while
remember to use a really sheepish voice
point taken.
ok, and if it fails, i cry

naw
you try again some other time
she might be busy on that day your friend (read: you) made the reservation


Ha! Watch the master at work! Anyone else needs a plot to chase a girl?

No comments: