Thursday, November 10, 2005

Someone once told me regarding the things I do for Kenny, that he'd like to see how long I'm able to keep on exhausting myself for love.

From this I deduce that he probably thinks that I am still young, that when I get older I'd find that sooner or later I'll tire of doing all this. All I can say is that I cannot prove him wrong. I will get tired sooner or later. But as long as I am able to keep it up, I will.

No matter the level of maturity, we are all allowed to do stupid things in the name of love, are we not? Not that I'm saying all that I did were stupid per se; on the contrary, I think they contributed a lot to the relationship.

Think about it. Wouldn't the world be a lot nicer with a litte romance here, and a little spice there, perhaps a huge load of surprises and love? Or would you rather a boring relationship based on the usual everyday life basis?

Yes, one will eventually tire of being the one giving, but think of it this way. I have at least experienced love in a fun and unusual manner, I have at least gave my all (or tried to) in this relationship. I will never look back in regret and wish that I'd done more to keep the spice in the relationship. I can try to keep the spice in the relationship for as long as I can before it dies off into something that is taken for granted.

And who says couples can't have fun? Who made the commandment that a relationship has to turn bland with the passage of time? Who says that a date can only consist of dinner and a movie? You'd be surprised at what kind of dates I can plan, provided I have the help of my friends and the opportunity to present them of course. And no, I do not have an idea (yet), but given the occasion I think I can come up with something.

As long as I can, I will. When I can no longer try, perhaps a little help please?

Anyway, I do not regard that someone who made that comment as a person who is trying to dampen my fire. He is just perhaps a little skeptical because he himself has been hurt (or has hurt others) before too. And I thank him for making that comment, because it made me think in-depth about this subject. He was also the one who enlightened me about my expectations. He made me realize that one should not expect anything from my other half in a relationship.

Thanks, Roy.

Might sound a little unfair for me to be the one giving in the relationship, but hey, if it makes me happy... I'm happy doing the things I do for him. And that just about covers everything else.

No comments: