Wednesday, November 30, 2005

*Sitting at her own private desk, using her own private (okay, not so private, anyone who walks through the entrance will be able to see what I'm doing online. Darn.) computer, waiting for time to pass until 6.30pm to get off work*

I've been here for three days now, and having the time of my life! Not many people can say this, but I love my job (",)

Jazzy @ iPlan + ThePostalConnect!

My colleagues are super nice people, the delivery guys are all okay except that uncle with the attitude problem, and the neighbouring toy shop owners who keep on popping by to offer ice cream and coffee are nice people as well. I'm able to mess around online when there's nothing to do, run around outside to get coffee and snacks anytime I want. I'm so darn lucky to have this job.

I learnt a lot about courier service and secretarial in this past few days, and there's a lot more to learn. Month end closing is coming up, but I can see its quite smooth sailing here, none of the rushing around other companies usually do.

Mindlessly surfing around now, munching on my snacks while waiting for time to pass. Forum of the day: http://www.ministryofpets.com where animal and pet lovers gather. It's a good and fun place to be. The only bad thing about it is having an arse trying to act guru and turning about 70% of the threads into flame threads.

I know I haven't been in to update much, because the past week's been quite busy for me. First it was my cousin's wedding. It was the most wonderful banquet I've ever been to, despite having worked in more banquets than anyone should attend. It's probably because the entire hall was filled with people I know, and it's a banquet with the most beautiful bride in the world (or so I think). Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. I pray for a happily blissful marriage for all her life.

Been messing around here and there after that, couldn't really find the time to blog. I had a few topics to blog about, but seeing as how long they were going to be, I saved them for when I have a LOT of time on my hands.

Chinchilla viewing on Saturday with Roger. Hopefully he makes the right decision about whether or not to get the chinchillas.

Kenny, my sister, Adrian, Daniel and I are going on a treasure quest! For what treasure I don't really know unless you count in the $500 prize for being the first. It's a problem-solving RPG type quest that the Nee Soon CC organized. Each teams must consist of 3 males and 2 females. The whole team met up yesterday to discuss who should do what, and a rough sketch of our flag is out!

We're the Numa Numa Clan (I blame you, Daniel) which almost got called the Nama Nama Clan (your fault, Adrian), and our flag's going to consist of the initials NNC (which looks incredibly like NCC). Had a fun time yesterday, everybody joking and laughing away at Mac's.

Meeting up next Tuesday for a hands-on to completing the flag.

Oh ya, by the way, thanks Weiyi and Kegan for missing me so much that you guys are actually dreaming about me. I miss you guys too. And thanks Su baby for worrying about me so much. I'm ok now, but I'm not trying to broach the subject with him for the time being. I know he didn't forget, he just pretended that it isn't there when in front of me.

2 comments:

Koyuki.JenxGeR said...

Ey, your workplace hiring anot? Hiak. I'm popping to job interviews next week, but thought that it's no harm just asking you first, even tho I doubt they're hiring =X. Either leave a msg on my taggie, or sms me. You so have my new number, right? If you don't, get it from your sis, k? =D Have fun working! Toodles.

Anonymous said...

Checked out iplan.com.sg, interesting company and seems like a nice place to work at. Happy working!