Monday, March 19, 2007

I am more than spineless


I didn't stand up for myself. I caved in to my own desires.

I wanted so badly for things to be like they were. For us to be as loving as we were. But deep down inside, I know that if we're going the long way things have to change.

I'm not sure what we are right now contributes to our future, I'm not even sure if we're doing the right thing.

Feels like there's a stranger in my bed. Breathing steadily beside me.

Who is this person beside me?

Much as the accident scared the heck out of me, much as the anguish it brought me, I'm glad it happened. I'm glad things turned out the way they did. The accident, and Lazychoo leaving. It gave me the time to be alone. To think, and reflect.

Sure, the first week alone was the hardest. But now that the hardest part is over, I've more or less settled into being comfortable with being by myself.

To see truly who are the ones who stood by me. Who left me alone and who didn't. To discover who my true friends are. An unexpected person who dropped by to pass me a book. This black dude who dropped by to watch a VCD with me. People who bought medical supplies and snacks for me. People who just plain dropped by to say hi and chat.

In a sense, the accident might have made me a better person. I got back into contact with a few old friends and they opened up a world of possibilities. Being alone and independant during my hardest time, I learned how to rely on myself again.

Of course, the people who cared the most was my family. Mama, papa, sister, grandmamas and grandpapa, cousins, aunts and uncles. They really opened my eyes to see how important being family is.

But now...

My independance is being taken away from me again. I've finally learnt to enjoy being alone, and now I can't be. And there's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing I dare to do. Everything I do is always wrong. Everything I say is childish.

Now we're stuck in a kind of limbo. I don't know what to do. I don't even know what I want. Do you know what you want?

Do you?

A part of me died at the accident that day. A part of me is still sitting dazed in the middle of the road somewhere in Lentor. Covering my face with bloody palms and screaming my lungs out.

Don't touch me, don't touch me. Somebody please help me. Please...

I've tried my best. Now I'm giving up and resigning to whatever that's coming. I've tried my best, so do your worst to me now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then why don't you just say "hey, Let's break up?" when you mention in this post that you're suffering more than you are alone after he's back? ask him to F**k off, since you don't want him anymore?
don't bare to huh? you know something? don't just say & not dare to do anything about it. COWARD!

YuFFie said...

Why don't you leave your name, COWARD?

Anonymous said...

Can't Blame u coz u've got no balls

But again there r so many other out there who've got no balls but have enough courage to call the rrelationship off.... sad...

Ya COWARD is the word

No MAN can DIE...

HOPELESS....

Anonymous said...

yuffie,if u r a fred,u shd focus on jas herself not on someone else.cant u see the prob?The bf is ruining her life when he was not ard n now,when he is ard.(according to her)the situation according to her is so bad tt she shd jus get away from him b4 ppl feel tt she is trying to play saint/pitiful.jas,personal opinion,i despise ppl who sympathises themselves when they have a choice.(no offence)do something.

YuFFie said...

No one is to judge some others relationship. I just cannot stand ppl calling ppl names when they understand nothing in HER relationship.

She still has the right to choose. When it's enough it will be enough for her. Of course it's a cross road for her now that's why she's so confused. So..... what do you understand in her relationship?

I guess guys wun understand. Well, but if you are a girl, you probably have a smooth sailing trail of relationships.

Anonymous said...

How many cross road has she come across n how many more does she needs to come to B4 can wakes up ?

Or wait till kena hit by something while standing in the middle of the cross road then happy ?

i do agrees with Anonymous(2)saying.

And miss. yuffie as a friend u shld bring her out of this shithole of misery n leard a relationship that is proper....
seeing a relationship like theirs u call that understanding it meh ?

i'll say it's crabs running all ard...

Anonymous said...

mayb u r rite abt the calling name part.on my part,i jus feel tt mayb she need some one to say something harsh to wake her up.
i totally agree tt no one is to judge except for herself.therefore if u notice,i put in words like "according to her"cos who m i to judge?in fact,in my previous comment in this blog,i was telling someone off for judging this r/s.I jus didnt like the portion of jas been engaging in self-pity.(not tt it matter to me)jus tt it will come along as being fake if this prolong.(sorry jas)

Apologise if I gave u the wrong impression or rudeness in my words.i m a guy so mayb i reali do not understand tt well.

Anonymous said...

Eh.. is the black dude me??

hehe.. we shld watch more funny movies today.. everyone.. damn fun liao!! and order pizza next time!