Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Bad day


I've had it up to here (points at neck) today, and it's only 4.30pm!

First, the news that MH, Lazy's friend, commited suicide by jumping off his block. I wasn't THAT close to MH, but Lazy was, and Lazy sounded shattered on the phone when he called me just now. We always knew MH had a problem with his death perception, but this tops the cake.

We're going to the funeral later, and Lazy's taken a day off tomorrow to send MH off.

I can't help but feel a little sour inside. Ah age 24, Ah Yang korkor wanted to live, he had his future planned out perfectly, but he was taken from us unwillingly. At age 25, MH did not want to live anymore and ended his own life.

Irony. The word that leaves a bitter, sour taste lingering in my mouth.

Somebody got pissed that we had to cancel the gathering tonight that he said some really nasty words that I hope doesn't get to Lazy.

Funny how in the face of sorrow we come up with the funniest things to do and say. Like at Ah Yang korkor's funeral we did really gross things in the middle of the night that left the legacy of the eldest Tan being a merlion.

Second piece of news wasn't so catastrophic as compared to the first, but nevertheless it was still bad. No wait, it was kind of fun actually.

The plumbing works in my kitchen basin sprung a leak, and when my dad came home to fix it, it'd grown into a full-blown water parade.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Swimming pool. You can actually waddle in it, I swear!

No comments: