Sunday, July 08, 2007

Solitary


Sometimes, being alone does you good.

You don't have to explain anything to anyone about what you're doing, you don't have to have your patience tested, you don't need to mask anything about yourself at all.

When I walk alone I get to do a lot of things I don't have to have an explaination for.

I smile to myself. I grumble. I flirt with the wind. I pretend to hide a teeny little chuckle. I get angry and stare daggers at passer-bys. I breathe in deeply the evening breeze, carrying the tips of mingled evening scents. Dew in the grass, rain in the air, dinners cooking on stoves, birds returning to their nests.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

An Indian couple walks ahead of me, holding hands and chatting nonchalently. Oblivious to the turmoils raging in the body behind them. I smile again.

Sweet, young love.

Sometimes taking a walk alone isn't that bad. Having someone to walk with wouldn't hurt either.

So...

Would you care to take a walk with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write well. Don't waste your talent. You have a long way to go girl. Don't forget to Strive hard and your future is all yours to pursue.

Anonymous said...

yes i agree... u rilly write well... hw i wish i could b like u... u shld start here frm ur talent... u may b e next J. K. Rowling!! way 2 go babe!! (^_^)