Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Time-Line


His words ring in my ears.

FedEx and I had a three-hour-long conversation at Fresh Air Cove (read: dam) just now. Mostly about what he read in my previous post. A little gossip about XXX service center and XXX company and XXX people in that company. A lot about me and my choices.

He says that I myself know what I want. That somewhere deep inside of me, a decision has been made. I just don't know about it yet.

I searched deep in the murky depths of myself and I honestly couldn't find the answer. Five minutes ago I was all for yes. Five minutes later I'm sliding towards the big N-O. I'm hesitant, and I don't know which option I should choose because both option require action and effort (perhaps one more than the other), and I don't know if I should take upon myself the effort I know I have to make if I go for option yes, or should I just take the advice of the masses and accept that our character differences are too great, and that I should just simply give up.

"40 years down the road, will you still be able to take it? "

I can honestly answer you - no. If the situation is still as it is right now, both of us will hate the shit out of each other.

The question was reinforced when I went to buy supper for my sister. The stallholders were a couple in their mid-forties. They snapped at each other and not a decent word was passed between them during the 10 minutes I was standing there at the stall. It looked like they hated each other, but were chained to their responsibilities as a married couple, as parents, and as stallholders.

Do I want to become like them?

On the other hand, FedEx opened up yet another portal for me. He told me of how he placated his ex-girlfriend and how I could use it in the relationship. He also corrected my mindset on the me-acting-like-the-guy-placating-his-girlfriend thingy by saying that the relationship is more important than anger, more important than wanting face, that if you want things to work, you should go the "logical" way instead of the "anger" way. That there is no male and female in a relationship, but two human bodies with emotional capacities.

FedEx said a lot of things, bought me a can of drink, and said some more. He said that in relationships, we should have time for other people like family, relatives and friends and time alone, citing an example which I thought made perfect sense, though I didn't agree much to it. He said that I shouldn't run away from my problems by shunting it to the furthest corners of my mind (which is the exact opposite of what I'm doing, or I wouldn't have asked him out), that I shouldn't be sitting on it and waiting for things to happen. He also said that in life, everthing need a time-line.

"If you can't make up your mind now, give yourself a deadline by which to make a decision. "

Sidetrack: You give me so many ideas for improving the relationship and you slide towards no. Fish you la. How to make decision like that?

I'm giving myself a time-line. I have until the end of this week to make a decision, and stick by my decision no matter what.

But just to make things clear to the One:

I'm sorry for flaring up on Friday because you informed me 8 minutes before my class ends that arrangements have been made to meet up with people, without first consulting me, therefore giving me no choice at all to react. I'm sorry for not telling you why I'm tu-lan about the thing.

I'm sorry for forgetting that I even flared up on Saturday. Did I even flare up? Didn't we have a good time buying trinkets from MimiToons and watching Transformers?

I'm sorry I flared up over your repetitive questions. Initially I thought I could handle all your questions because I do ask repetitive questions about bikes too. I did make myself remain calm and patient every time you asked repetitive questions. But I guess 5 times of "Did Alan invite us to the chalet" within 2 hours was too much for me. Maybe I felt that you weren't taking my words seriously, because I've been feeling that you don't take me seriously because you thought I knew nothing about the ways of the world. I had a reason to do so, because there've been many a time when you've doubted me because you thought I was too young to understand.

I'm sorry for flaring up majorly on Sunday because I disliked the way you do things. If you didn't want to eat that half a bun, you could tell me that if you ate it you'd have no appetite for Fish&Co. You could have told me when we were at AMK hub, that you weren't hungry (yet), instead of putting on a front of telling me that you're fine with going when it's obvious that that's not something you'd want. Like doing something just to please me, but that's not what I want. You could've told me that because you ate half a bun before we went out that you weren't hungry anymore, instead of straight "Who ask you to make me eat the bun?" after my hesitance.

I'm sorry for not telling you all these before, and I hope you'd understand. I'm sorry for letting the communication between us lapse.

I hope you'd understand too, why the decision has become a major one, and that I need to decide for myself what it is that I want before any action can be taken. I'm sure you're thinking about it too, and I'm sure your mind is gradually being made up over time, but I can't help it.

I want to make a decision that I can be responsible about. I want to make a decision that I can promise to myself about, that I can fulfil.

I hope you understand.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hummz... wat i wanna say i forget liao... i side track go watch taiwan series forget liao... hehee
.....
.....
.....
.....
oh...
er...

ok things is like this, i dun side towards u nor kenny in this, how things turn out now are consequence of how u two behave towards each other over the times... Cause and effect...

I dunno how much u love kenny and how much he love you, only u two knows the answer. If u do love him, dun flare up so easily towards him. Anger is not a solution for anything.

Abt the bread part, i believe you are afraid tat he is hungry so u ask him to eat something, he not wanting to reject u just eat it. Tat is very sweet of u two, but why flare up after tat at ang mo kio hub??? He wants to be happy with u, u want to be happy with him. stop quarreling over little stuffs.. Give him a kiss.

Be thankful tat u two cares for each other, dun take things for granted...

There are guys and gals waiting for u two to break for many reasons. if u two cares and love each other and wanna make things work, put in more commitment and more tolerance. Talk over things, not anger. Its not going to be easy to have a blissful relationship. Ask yourself this, do u long to be with him, wanna live life together happily??

feathers said...

You think alot about your relationships. The more you think, the more contrasting ideas there are and more confused you will be.

Not everything need a timeline/dateline, especially not in relationships. How many of us tell ourselves "Hey, this will be the last week" but it never really work that way does it?

If he knows about it and "perform" well for the week, is that what matters? His little effort for that week for a lifetime of commitment or will the problems seems less for the week and resume as soon as the week is over?

If he didn't know about it, will we think we are giving him death sentence without telling and perhaps a week more things will change?

I never give datelines, when its time, when my heart is truely dead and enough is enough, I will naturally know. Only at that moment I can tell myself that I did my best and I will not regret my decision, remember all the reasons for wanting to leave at that moment and just leave.

If the moment never comes, perhaps its not time, I'll try and try to improve on the relationship until then.

Hope you find happiness, you are doing great trying to find ways of improving and working things out. We will all be here to share your happiness and sorrow. *hugs*

jazzyme said...

Siegfried: You old man leh. Drink teh and choose old man name.

Feathers: I'm giving myself a week to decide whether I want things to work or whether I want to let things go. Since Lazy and I are pretty much not talking to each other anymore, this is not his last chance to do anything to "perform" anything.

It's a decision of whether I want to let the relationship be salvagable or just let it go. The deadline is for my own self because I'm sick of leaving things hanging unsolved forever.

How do you actually know that your heart is truly dead enough to let things go?

Anonymous said...

ahem... i not old man ok... sweat...

Siegfried is the hero in the German Nibelungenlied, you will see in his legend, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd , Lord Of The Ring has some things tat are similar... dunno if its copy or not. hehee...

dun like teh, milk can??? best if its chocolate or banana milk... hehee

Hummz... how come u two arent talking to each other anymore??? This isnt gd... anyway wish u two the best.

feathers said...

Oh, sounds bad. Wanting it to work can only be decided by two, what's his view on this?

Koyuki.JenxGeR said...

Your heart will NEVER die. But you know your heart is numb when...

He says another thing to hurt you or break your heart again, and you're just too numb to cry, instead, you give a little loopsided smile.. (In my case that is).

When you realise that it was foolish to revolve your world around him, and start to bother about your own issues more than you care about what he's doing. Then, the time is ripe.

Don't ever set a timeline. You'll probably rush yourself into a decision or most likely procrastinate till you go, "Forget it, let's just see how it goes from here."

Sometimes if you learn to let go more, he'll come-a-running. If he doesn't, then he probably loves himself too much more than he loves you.

You'll just have to decide if you can live with that.

Anonymous said...

Not all things can be like let see how things goes from here. When it has happened too many times n drags too long. Things got to be done. If not, it will be draggin non-stop. It will be wasting each other time and effort. Take the toil when we are young. Can't wait till when we are limping then we start thinking of other alternatives. RS is about compatibility and not about forcing.

jazzyme said...

Siegfried: Perhaps we just don't know where to start or we're not even sure about ourselves. I know I was, and I know he prolly is too.

Feathers: We're not talking yet, so I don't know either.

Jenn: Point One doesn't agree with me, but Point Two sounds like what's been happening recently. And with regards to your last sentence, I honestly don't know. I could say yes for now, but I prolly am going to unconsciousely explode sooner or later.

Anon: What you said sounds reasonable, but compatibility issue aside, doesn't every relationship requires some change from either party? For the better of course.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Minor changes are required to make a RS work but major ones tat ends up making the whole RS becum meaningless. Too much changes mean not compatible at all. Then why still force? Will forcing be happy? You be with the person cos of who he is and not be with the person then change the person to what you desire for. If you change the person too much, you are just loving the person you created and not him as what he is. So is this RS still meaningful?

jazzyme said...

And how do I handle the changes that he demand of me?

Anonymous said...

Change wat you can. Limit is there. When u feel tired of it, tats the limit. Drop it.