Monday, April 23, 2007

Back on the road again


But this time not as a yellow road menace. No, I forged Lazy's signature (with Lazy's permission) and added my name as a sub-rider into his insurance.

No, not the 929, the wave. His little bicycle with engines.

It's my very first day on the road ever since the accident.

I passed by the road opposite of my accident site just now on the way to work, and my arms and fingers suddenly became very stiff. The memory is still fresh at the back of my head and the rest of my body parts know it.

Tonight, I ride alone back home. During rush hour after work, along the dangerous Lentor, right through my accident site, on Lazy's filmsy little wave.

Oh god, somebody help me.

I need to curb this, to overcome the fear that rises in the back of my throat before proceeding into a full blown hackles-raised shuddering that sweeps through the entire body.

If I am not to regain confidance with this small machine, what right do I have to ride on Dante, my hunk of purring metal who gives me the power and control like no other bike can?

No comments: