Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy International Friendship Day


Continued from here.

"Didn't know our conversation made it to your blog. Now I know. ;p Friendship... Ask you, so a person who doesn't go singing with you, stops becoming your friend? A person, who is not mature to handle you, stops being your friend? A person who spends little time with you, stops being a close friend? If that said, I wasn't even a close friend to begin with, considering the amount of time we actually spent together. My point is, I'll forever be your friend, even if you hate me, despise me, I'll still be there to cover your ass should you need any. It's international friendship day tomorrow. Cheers."

My dear friend.

It is not the amount of time spent that determines the strength of a friendship. It is the amount of tears shed together, the beers drank together, the amount of emotional trauma shared together. You are my close friend.

I never did say anything about you stopping to be my friend. You are still my friend. I'm just so terribly disappointed that you cannot handle being friends with me without thinking otherwise.

I am thankful for your willingness to cover my ass, and you know I'd do the same for you. I just wish we could all be mature adults to handle this and still come out as good friends by the end of it, and not just friends covering each other's asses from afar.

Happy International Friendship Day, dude.

No comments: